Be a member of the SPCA Team
Passionate about animals and want to make a positive difference?
Join us for a meaningful and exciting career to change the lives of our community animals!
We have the current openings:
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is looking for a veterinary nurse to join our community animal clinic. The SPCA’s clinic is unique, as it is a not-for-profit clinic serving needy animals in Singapore. These include street dogs and cats, abused and rescued animals, shelter animals and, eventually, pets from low income households.
As part of the clinic team, you will be responsible for the provision of the highest standards of veterinary medicine and care.
- Assisting Veterinarians with consultations, treatments and surgeries.
- Maintaining diagnostic equipment, sterilization of surgical instruments and cleanliness of the clinic.
- Maintaining file patient records.
- Conducting regular checks and follow-ups with animals.
- Providing basic treatment and husbandry for warded animals.
- Providing guidance and support to patients’ caregivers where necessary.
- Minimum Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or equivalent preferred but not required.
- At least 1-2 year(s) of working experience in a veterinary clinic preferred but not required.
- Passion for animal welfare.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player.
- Able to work weekends, 5 days work week.
Interested candidates please send your resume with a cover letter and expected salary to [email protected]. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be notified.
*Please note that for all positions, you must be prepared to travel to 50 Sungei Tengah Road. Please check to make sure that the distance is not too far for you to travel before applying.
The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is looking for a dynamic and committed individual to join our community animal clinic and help spearhead its pioneering efforts. The SPCA’s clinic is unique, as it is a not-for-profit clinic serving needy animals in Singapore. These include street dogs and cats, abused and rescued animals, shelter animals and, eventually, pets from low income households.
As the Veterinarian, you will be responsible for the provision of the highest standards of veterinary medicine and care. As our clinic is currently expanding, you will be instrumental in helping us grow and develop into a full-fledged community animal clinic. You will also be involved with community health programmes that make a direct and positive impact on the lives of animals and their human caregivers.
The responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Assessing and examining patients, and diagnosing their medical issue.
- Diagnosis and regular health checks for animals.
- Performing required surgical procedures, dressing, and treating of wounds and prescribing medication.
- Updating and maintaining patients’ medical records.
- Promoting preventive care through strong public education and advocacy.
- Ensuring compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant policies.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education: Degree in Veterinary Medicine that is recognized by the Animal & Veterinary Service (AVS).
- Experience and interest in shelter medicine.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience.
- Ability to make prudent decisions regarding the welfare and well-being of animals.
- Passion for animal welfare.
Please send in your application to [email protected] stating ‘Senior Veterinarian’ in the subject field, including your CV and a cover letter indicating your interest in the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.