Below are some ways that you can help the SPCA. For more information or to book a session, send us an email via – https://spca.org.sg/contact-us/
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the SPCA!
Min Age: 17 years old
Commitment Period: Min. four months, on a fortnightly or weekly basis
- Animal Shelter Helper
- Phone Receptionist
- Adoption Counsellor
- Animal Ambassador
- Merchandise Sales
This is a hands-on volunteering opportunity which involves:
- The cleaning of the animal enclosures, surrounding areas of the premises and general administrative work
- Taking our dogs for their regular morning walk (subject to availability of our dog mentor)
- An educational talk that covers the work we do and the sale of SPCA merchandise.
*Although these sessions are available only on Thursday mornings, we can consider other weekdays on a case by case basis
- A maximum of 15 per group, due to space constraints
- All persons attending must be above 17 years old.
- The session will begin at 8.00am sharp (you’ll need to arrive at the SPCA by 7.50am).
- Duration of the entire visit is approximately three hours, you will be required to stay until the end of the visit.
- SPCA indemnity forms will need to be completed.
- Volunteers must be prepared to get dirty and wet and interact with the animals.
For corporates: Volunteer as group! Available on Thursday mornings only.
SPCA’s Foster Care programme is for very young or sick animals to receive dedicated care in a home environment!
By helping to foster animals until space becomes available in our shelter and/or the animals are older and better able to cope with kennel life, you are helping us save more lives.
Requirements: 18 years and above. If you are between 18 and 21 years old, a parent/guardian’s consent is required.
Sign up here.
The act of fostering requires a readiness to dedicate your time to giving love and care to an animal in need. We require our fosterers to be with the animal for the most part of the day and preferably to have had experience in looking after young or sick animals.
We also require our fosterers to be prepared to collect the foster animal from our shelter and bring it back for any check-ups by the vet during the foster period. We will provide some food, a litter tray (for cats), and a carrier for the start of the fostering period. However, we ask that any subsequent food be supplied by the fosterer so we can better allocate our limited resources.
We will provide medication for the animal (if needed) during the fostering period. The fosterer must also remain contactable so that we can get regular updates on the animal’s health and well-being.
Our animals are usually cared for in a foster home for a period of one month to three months, depending on the animal’s needs and circumstances in the shelter.
Fostering an animal is not easy, and it may involve considerable cleaning up as the animals are usually young and may not be toilet-trained. They may also be very playful and may chew on your possessions.
The toughest part of being a fosterer is having to return the animal to our shelter for adoption after you have become emotionally attached to it over the fostering period.
This is an educational visit which involves an educational talk that covers the work we do, followed by interaction with the animals in the shelter and sale of SPCA merchandise.
- Limited to 20 people per visit (min. 15 people)
- Duration of visit is 1½ hours
We are more than happy to visit your company/association, with an informative talk to help raise awareness for the animal welfare cause. We would also be delighted to bring our pet care information and merchandise to help raise funds for the animals.
- Available weekday mornings or afternoons
- No limit to the number of persons attending (the maximum capacity depends on the venue). However, a minimum of 20 persons is required
- Duration of talk is approximately one hour
- Will require an projector, laptop and a microphone (for a bigger crowd)
Donate to SPCA’s general donation fund
Donate items to our needy animals
These are the items our shelter and clinic currently require:
- Unopened and unexpired wet food
- Unopened and unexpired snacks/treats
- Cat toys/cat towers/cat stands
- Cat litter box/tray
- Cat litter
- Pee pads
- Dog toys
- Clean towels
- Medical supplies
We do not accept mattresses, clothes, books or raw food. Donations have to be dropped off at SPCA’s reception desk (50 Sungei Tengah road).
If you are unsure of the items we need, leave a general enquiry in our contact form.
On behalf of the animals, thank you!
One of the most valuable ways you can help in continuing our animal welfare work for years to come is by leaving us a gift (bequest) in your will. e.g. bequeathing a percentage of, or one of the policies from your life insurance proceeds, CPF monies and other movable or immovable assets to the SPCA.
Usually what is needed are our UEN number: S61SS0060B and address: 50 Sungei Tengah Road. Singapore 699012. If you wish to leave a gift, please email [email protected] or call 62875355 ext 618 and we will be more than glad to help you.
Thank you for your support in allowing us to continue promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to animals.
Launch a fundraising campaign
Have a birthday party coming up and want to do something philanthropic with your presents and gifts? Using giving.sg, you can create your own campaigns and channel donations towards the SPCA!
You can choose to give to us in so many ways – be it birthday parties, festive occasions like Christmas or Chinese New Year, or even personal milestones like your first running marathon or graduation ceremony. The money collected will be channeled as donations towards the SPCA.
If you’d just like to contribute towards our general fund, you can visit our donation page.