Call us at 62875355
24 hour hotline: 62875355 ext 9
50 Sungei Tengah Road, S(699012)
Animal Rescue
Animal Shelter
Lost-and-Found Pets
Community Animals
Our Services : Education > FAQ
What does the SPCA do when you receive a cruelty complaint?

SPCA will record the complaint in writing and investigate.

The SPCA does not have legal powers to prosecute offenders. Only the police and the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) have power under the Animal & Birds Act to take action in cruelty cases.

In relation to improper treatment of pets by owners, our inspectors will counsel and advise them on how to improve the conditions for their pets and do follow up checks if necessary. Serious cases where conditions do not improve will be referred to the AVA.

In extreme cases of animal cruelty, SPCA will assist or follow up in police investigations by arranging official post-mortems reports and preliminary veterinary reports when necessary. Witnesses are advised to lodge a police report immediately and call SPCA at 6287 5355 ext 9. As much as the SPCA does keep the callers' details confidential, we would be required to supply these to the authorities in the event that the witness is required to testify.