What does it take to be a responsible pet owner? Here are eight tips to remember:
- Feed your pets regular nutritious and balanced meals.
- Provide your pet with suitable housing and groom it well.
- Provide appropriate training for your pet.
- Bring your pet to a vet when it falls sick.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Be considerate to others (pick up your pet's poop and don't let it stray).
- Sterilise your pet to prevent unwanted litters.
- Microchip your pet for easy traceability if it is lost.
(Source: Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority)